Do you worry about the health risks of fluoride and if SmartWater has any in it? You’re not alone. Fluoride has been a contentious issue for a long time, with concerns ranging from mental health to skeletal fluorosis. To answer this question for you, we conducted a series of tests on SmartWater to determine its fluoride-free claims. You might be surprised by the findings (scroll down to the conclusion if you’re in a hurry)!
How you can test for fluoride in water
There are a few ways you can check if your water has fluoride:
- Test strips: You can buy fluoride test strips at a hardware or home improvement store. Just dip the strip into your water and it’ll change color to show the level of fluoride.
- Water testing kit: You can get a kit that checks for fluoride along with other things, from a local or online store. Just follow the instructions carefully for the best results.
- Laboratory testing: You can send a sample of your water to a lab for fluoride testing. This is the most accurate method, but it can be expensive.
If you get your water from a public supply, they have to give you a report every year that tells you how much fluoride is in the water. Most cities add fluoride to their water, but some people are worried it might not be safe.
Here’s how we tested Smart Water for fluoride and found out that it contained none
- At-home testing: We first tested Smart Water using an at-home fluoride testing kit. The process was simple and easy to follow. We collected a small sample of water, added a testing solution, and waited for the results. The test confirmed that there was no fluoride present in the Smart Water sample.
- Lab testing: To confirm our at-home results, we poured some SmartWater into a clean test tube and marked it as filtered and sent the sample to ALS Environmental (ALS Environmental is a leading global laboratory testing services provider that offers a wide range of testing services, including in our case water quality including fluoride). The results came back very conclusive with a fluoride concentration of 0.000 ppm, confirming that there was no fluoride present in Smart Water.
We understand that many people have concerns about the health risks of fluoride in drinking water. But don’t worry, there are different ways to test if your water contains fluoride. We tested SmartWater using both an at-home testing kit and laboratory testing, and both tests confirmed that SmartWater does not contain any fluoride. The laboratory test results were especially conclusive, with a fluoride concentration of 0.000 ppm!
So, if you’re ever worried about the potential health risks of fluoride in your drinking water, remember that there are ways to test it and find out. And in the case of SmartWater, our testing showed that you can enjoy it worry-free!